Thread: Wanted: 4spd Bellhousing

Default Wanted: 4spd Bellhousing

All, I am looking for a bellhousing: 4-spd to 4cyl (196) with mechanical clutch linkage. Please PM if you have one to part with for a reasonable price. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by semperjim View Post
    All, I am looking for a bellhousing: 4-spd to 4cyl (196) with mechanical clutch linkage. Please PM if you have one to part with for a reasonable price. Thanks
    The scout 800 and scout II bell housings for the 196 are different. The early models had a short input shaft, and the later models used the same bell housing as the V8 models. Both had mechanical linkages.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

it would be for an 800

i have one but it was behind a 266 don't know if it work do you'r reseach and let me know i sell it at a fair price
    ---LESS WEIGHT= LESS BROKEN PARTS---

Quote Originally Posted by scoutnaround View Post
    i have one but it was behind a 266 don't know if it work do you'r reseach and let me know i sell it at a fair price
    4 cylinder 800 4 speed bell housings are unique. The one that fit the 266 will work with a 304, 345, or 392. The input shafts on the 4 cylinder setup is different, so the bell housing is shorter.

When IH stopped using the AMC 6, they standardized the transmissions and bell housings, but that was after the 800, during the Scout II years.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak