Thread: New with question

Default New with question

HI my name is Ryan and I have a quick question. Out in the wood not far from my home there are 3 identicle Scouts sitting in the woods by an abandoned cabin. They are all three half cabs and are all in decent shape given the conditions. Are these worth anything. Is it worth trying to find the owner?

By 'abandoned', do you mean on government land, or private property but nobody lives in the cabin? What area/state are you in?
    Sounds to me like it's a hunting/fishing camp and someone owns and uses the Scouts, but depending on the above, it might be worth checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Strong View Post
    By 'abandoned', do you mean on government land, or private property but nobody lives in the cabin? What area/state are you in?
    Sounds to me like it's a hunting/fishing camp and someone owns and uses the Scouts, but depending on the above, it might be worth checking.
    They are abandoned in a field/trees. Brush is grown up around them and they have not moved in the 5 years I have lived here. Cabin is along a main paved road which is how I found them after a logging company cleared out the lot next to them. They look in good shape but nobody ever comes to the place and the gate is very overgrown so I dont think it has been opened since I have lived here!

I would suggest looking for county records... and find who owns the property. You may be able to get a phone number of whoever has the deed to the poperty (as im sure they own other land) or is an elder person or possibly deceased so u may have to find next of kin?

But yeah Definitely worth looking into you might be able to get them all for 600 $ lol who knows. (mention they look terrible since the person has probably never been there if you say 5 years and you just want them for parts or something aloung those lines)i always hate to see a scout rusting in a field makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordX View Post
    I would suggest looking for county records... and find who owns the property. You may be able to get a phone number of whoever has the deed to the poperty (as im sure they own other land) or is an elder person or possibly deceased so u may have to find next of kin?

But yeah Definitely worth looking into you might be able to get them all for 600 $ lol who knows. (mention they look terrible since the person has probably never been there if you say 5 years and you just want them for parts or something aloung those lines)i always hate to see a scout rusting in a field makes me sad.
    I was thinking that I could build a good one out of the three with not to much money invested. I dont own a scout but would love to have one!