Thread: wiring harness question.

Default wiring harness question.

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier (noob, sorry) I am about the being the task of rewiring my 78 scout. Any suggestion on which wiring harness to get. I found one at JoeTLC.com for 199.00 that looked as if it would accomplish the task..as opposed the pricey painless performance one at 400.00...anyone dealt with this issue before? I could use the advice...thanks

I'm doing a re-wiring of my '71 Scout II right now. Be fowarned, its a beast of a job but for the wiring harness that I chose to go with was the 14 circuit from IHOnly. Paid for it over the phone on Thursday and recieved it Friday Morning when UPS got here. I opened the package and it was well worth it, everywire was labled every 5" or so all the way down the length and has a well thought out fuse box to go with it. You can find it here: http://www.shopih.com/WIRINGKIT-14-p-EV.html

The old Rat's nest behind the dash.

The new harness from IHOnly
    Last edited by okkool77; 04-28-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

hmmmm.....this will be interesting... I will take your advice on the wiring...I am in the process of replacing the entire brake system..top to bottom..so with the wiring included...I guess I will be busy for the next few weeks...thanks for the help.

I just installed the one from jtoutfitters, it looked like a painless hrness, even had the same number onine but when it arrived it was the kwikwire. Happy to say I got it done in a weekend, the most lengthy part was mounting the fuse panel and routing the wires before crimping anything. Another good practice is to not cinch down your wires until you are done crimping, connecting and testing, makes for a nice clean look.