Thread: Aftermarket Gauges and Stainless Dash Panel

Default Aftermarket Gauges and Stainless Dash Panel

Here is what it will look like, I had to remove an excessive amount of the dash for the gauges to fit right then drill some holes for the indicator lights. I don't really like the fact that it didn't fit cleaner, there are open gaps on both sides that i'm going to have to do something with. Looks good, considering, just wish i had found and read the fine print before ordering, oh and by the way, the plugs don't match up so you will need to cut the plugs and add new connectors:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who'd you buy this from?
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

scoutparts

I have been studying that gauge set from scout parts pretty seriously too lately. It looks really sharp, does the dash pad interfere at all and let me know what you are going to do about the sides... I am still working on the underside...so I am a few weeks away from that..so any help would be appreciated.

That does look good, but personally, I like the dashpanel you can get from IHONLYNORTH as they supply an endcap to fill in the void and it looks cleaner.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

I plan to take some stainless and probably hot glue it to the sides to fill the void. As for the dash pad if fits pretty snug, the gauges are really bright and all in all i'm satisfied with it. I wonder where mertaw found this one, looks really nice! http://binderbulletin.org/album.php?...&pictureid=129