Thread: Column Wiring

Default Column Wiring

Alright guys, heres a question for you...The wires that run into the plug that contain all the column wiring...I'm looking for some help on what color runs into what and also I have a second set that runs out the back of the column and I have no clue what they run too. I'm trying to tie these into a new harness from Kwik Wiring. Any help would be greatly accepted.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

The kwikwire manual has a diagram, there should be letters on the black plug that correspond to the component. The second set on the top of the column in the back has two plugs, these are related to your ignition. I don't have the kwikwire manual with me but this is close:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/manuals.php

try downloading the instructions from painless to see how the new wiring goes into the existing plug. Also suggest getting the service manuel. It will be your life saver and people like me will stop telling you to get it.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Ok, is there a place that I can download the wiring diagrams?
    '71 Basterd Scout 2

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

http://www.painlessperformance.com/manuals.php Will take you to the manuals page, in pdf form.

I will be honest I really hate giving ya the easy route by giving you the link to some wiring diagrams. You really NEED to purchase the manuals for your Scout. They are the most important thing you can have.

But here is the easy route.
    http://www.binderblues.com/main/techinfo.html
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Your right I do need to purchase the Manual, but that has to wait till payday since I just spent the last of my expenable income on the new harness...But thank you for the easy way on the wiring
    '71 Basterd Scout 2