Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ENGINE 345 ci

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default ENGINE 345 ci

    I have a 345 cubic inch engine to give away, it has good compression, and no knocking, it does have a problem with the timing, can't get it to keep the point gap,, I am unsure if the timing gears and chain are wore, but did not smoke a bit when I took it out..

    anyone interested contact me , I am in Savannah Ga, Jimmy,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default 345

    I might be interested in your engine. Do you have any way to load it in a truck?

    Thanks,
    John B.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Man, great offer. I wish I had the means to come and get it. I told the wife about it and when she heard you were in Savannah, she was like, "Hmmm, I think we should go". Lol. We went there last year and loved it, can't wait to go back, just can't swing it right now. Good luck, David
    1973 Scout II
    345
    727
    Will Live Again!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzn Jim View Post
    I have a 345 cubic inch engine to give away, it has good compression, and no knocking, it does have a problem with the timing, can't get it to keep the point gap,, I am unsure if the timing gears and chain are wore, but did not smoke a bit when I took it out..

    anyone interested contact me , I am in Savannah Ga, Jimmy,
    Sounds like the distributor is shot. Timing gears would not affect point gap.

    A 345 has a direct camshaft drive, and you can't wear out or stretch the timing chain. There aint one. The gears either mesh or they don't. You won't jump a gear.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan E. View Post
    Sounds like the distributor is shot. Timing gears would not affect point gap.

    A 345 has a direct camshaft drive, and you can't wear out or stretch the timing chain. There aint one. The gears either mesh or they don't. You won't jump a gear.
    Hmm, I didn't know that about the 345. I love this forum. You guys are pretty fart smellers!
    1973 Scout II
    345
    727
    Will Live Again!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunscout View Post
    I might be interested in your engine. Do you have any way to load it in a truck?

    Thanks,
    John B.
    yep engine hoist here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by florida View Post
    Man, great offer. I wish I had the means to come and get it. I told the wife about it and when she heard you were in Savannah, she was like, "Hmmm, I think we should go". Lol. We went there last year and loved it, can't wait to go back, just can't swing it right now. Good luck, David
    well if no one shows up soon it will be going to the scrap yard.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default 345

    I would love to have it. Let me see what I can arrange

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Paris, TN
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Do you still have the 345 ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anniston Alabama
    Posts
    3

    Post engine

    Will that fit in a 67 800? I am thinking of swapping out the 196 4 cyl for a v-8. How much trouble would that be I wonder?......if it fits and not too much trouble, I would be very interested.
    Jeff

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •