Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got pulled over

Default Got pulled over

Got pulled over for my tail lighs being "too white". Anyone make reproduction lenses for a 1975 200 truck? If not what products will restore the redness?

Thanks!

Default lights

just put in some yellow bulbs in the light sockets that should solve the problem.

There is some red paints that were mentioned earlier on this board or over at just IH in the past week that handle this situation. Don't go with the thick red's as they tend to block the light.

http://www.justih.org/Binder-Bench/s...ght=tail+light is the link I was thinking about.

Default got pulled over

There is/was a product called 'Fix-A-Lens'. Red plastic sheets about 1/32" thick, 2 1/4" wide and 6" long. Should cover most of the inside of the stock lens. Think it was from Pep Boys??
    Bill Bennett 68 Travelall

or you could order an 1157R LED bulb for each side. I did that. Haven't received them yet. Less than 15 bucks for the pair. I'll post back when I get them.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

That officer must have been bored haha, lights being too white? That seems odd..

just curious did you get a fix it or a full on ticket..?

Unless the color tint in the light lenses have faded, personally, I would have my day in court. Any vehicle manufactured and sold in this country would have been, and is de facto, in compliance with all DOT requirements. Except for emissions, I do not believe any state can impose anything over and above that.

Seat belt is another example. If they were not fitted when made/sold - you do not have to have them installed.

That's exactly what happens. The plastic loses its red tint, and the white shows through. You are required to maintain the vehicle in this fashion. The lens is worn out. The fixes are a red light or a newer lens or coat the lens with red translucent coating.

Still waiting on the bulbs. Got spare lenses in AZ. I'm in WA. Long way to go to save 15 bucks...
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

No, no ticket but they did threaten to impound it.

When he stopped me he said the RR light was out, it was not. He also said the tires had too little tread(9/32" 2/32" legal limit), needs shoulder straps and a passenger side mirror, radio was too loud(stock 1 speaker AM radio, turned it on for him and got a nice bzzzz), factory exhaust is apparently an illegal modification and to top it all off the mirror fell off as he was leaning on it and I was told to get it fixed or face impoundment.

I was madder than hell to say the least.

And what state do you live in?
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012