Thread: Carb

Talking Carb

Hey Guys,

Your help has been great so far, I'm hopeing yall can come through again! I have a 67 Scout with the 266 V-8 and two barrel carb. I just got it started after it sat for about 6 years and its shooting gas out of the tube that comes out of the top of the carb. It looks like the tube where the air cleaner anchor screw attaches but it is located in front of that tube. I have no idea what its called sorry. What do yall think it could be? I HATE messing with Holleys!!! I know I will probably have to do a rebuild kit. where do I find the identifacation numbers on the carb so I can order a kit?

Thanks

I don't know which model carburetor that engine uses, but the tube is a vent tube and your problem is that the float isn't closing the inlet valve. It may be 'gunked' up and fix itself after sitting in gasoline a while, but more likely, you will need to open the carb and clean and adjust things. If so, a rebuild kit or at least a gasket kit is mandatory.

Talking

Do you think I can spray some carb cleaner in there to get un stuck?

Default carb

No amount of carb cleaner will adjust the float level of your carb. If adjusting the needle and seat doesn't correct the problem, you will need to replace the needle and seat assembly and/or the float. Don't need a full rebuild kit as those parts are available as maintenance items. Use Holley parts for the carb.
    Bill Bennett 68 Travelall 304 Holley 2300