Thread: Stiff Ride

Default Stiff Ride

Hello all, I have installed a Rough Country 4" lift kit and the ride is very stiff and feels like the springs may be incorrect. I have made sure that the shackels are loose enough that they will move when the springs compress but still the very stiff ride. Any thoughts on how I could soften the ride up with out loosing the travel as I have 33" tires and need the space.

Rough Country springs are just stiff. No way about it. You could take out one spring and see what that does, or you could install a softer spring in place of the one you removed from the bundle.
    Other then that, not much you can do expect try to sell the Rough Country springs and buy Rancho Set.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Default I have a set

I finally got to the point that I can stand my rough country's.

I have maybe a few thousand on them and have recently been doing some wheeling.

We went and played in the snow and found some large drifts. It seems that once I actually got them flexed a lot the started to "break-in". In the snow I had a chance to really air down and get the side walls bulging.

I was pretty miffed at first I didn't go with SkyJacker soft rides or even an SOA, but I am much happier now. I have been playing with tire pressure a lot.

Once returned I stuck with 25 pounds of air for the street and the ride seems to be a lot better.

Jesse
    Desperately trying to get rid of the Scooby stripe and recently ordered lift!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NVScouter
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sweet then you can throw bullet hole stickers and stuff on em and drive around saying RAWR!!!!!!!!!