Thread: what size wheels after lift

Default what size wheels after lift

looking to do a 4" lift and was wondering if i should go with a 15x8 or 15x10 i am going with 33x12.5/15 tires

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    looking to do a 4" lift and was wondering if i should go with a 15x8 or 15x10 i am going with 33x12.5/15 tires
    I have that tire on 15x8, I did this so I wouldn't blow a bead when aired down. The side wall balloons out past the rim some. 15x10 would make the tire look more square.

And another thing with the 33x12.50R15 tires, you should trim your fenders so you have more clearance with the 4" lift. I've got the 4" as well and had to trim so they wouldn't rub when I started to articulate.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

Quote Originally Posted by okkool77 View Post
    And another thing with the 33x12.50R15 tires, you should trim your fenders so you have more clearance with the 4" lift. I've got the 4" as well and had to trim so they wouldn't rub when I started to articulate.
    I would suggest putting the tires on and then seeing where you need to trim.
    Some things factor in like wheel offset and how well the springs and bushings are wore in(out). When I put mine on I only did a test run through a ditch to check flex before I tore the front end down. It made it without rubbing but was very close and I didn't turn lock to lock either. I ran 33x9.5/15 on 7" wheel for years with no rub, then again I run an SOA lift so a little different than a 4".