Thread: Plastic door panel fasteners-anyone???

Default Plastic door panel fasteners-anyone???

I have a 1973 Scout II. The plastic fasteners that insert in to the square door holes (5/16" square) are rotted and crumbling. I've ordered replacements from ScoutParts.com twice now, even confirming over the phone prior to ordering that the replacements are the same as what I have and what I've received does not work, too small and totally different shape. I've looked at other Scout/IH sites as well as any company web site that manufactures plastic automotive door fasteners, no luck. I can't find these things anywhere. Mine are a round spacer about 5/8" round and 3/8" deep and then turns in to a square molly of sorts. Any advice on where to find these things? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

really hate to say it, but for some reason scoutparts.com is hard to deal with.

I bought my plastic insert nut things from Light Line of Louisiana.

You may have to call them as I find navigating through their new website very hard. I haven't called in while, but when I did call they had great customer service.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

I'm not sure if you've tried IHOnlyNorth yet, but Jeff might have them.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I will head in those directions and see what luck I have.

Cool

You can get replacment plastic inserts at Kregans.. they have multiple sizes. I took in my old one, looked at what they had and purchased the medium size.