Thread: Aftermarket Radiator Scout II

Default Aftermarket Radiator Scout II

I am pulling my radiator this week and I would like to replace it with an aftermarket aluminum one. Does anyone know which Summit radiator or something similar that I would need. I have seen a few threads but the direction
    usually goes with the IH radiators and I am trying to save weight and money. I will be buying a water pump as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1978 Scout II
    78 Scout II
    345 V8

Quote Originally Posted by 78scouII View Post
    I am pulling my radiator this week and I would like to replace it with an aftermarket aluminum one. Does anyone know which Summit radiator or something similar that I would need. I have seen a few threads but the direction
    usually goes with the IH radiators and I am trying to save weight and money. I will be buying a water pump as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1978 Scout II
    A stock radiator weighs about 20 lbs. A stock IH engine weighs about 700. A stock intake manifold weighs about 65.

Money, unfortunately is a really hard to replace commodity. Try IHOnly.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

You will save money by keeping the original. You are talking about $400 for a new aluminum and with the guarantee that i may not fit, but if your heart is set on the aluminum, give IHONLYNORTH.com a call.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

here is the link to the ihonly link to there radiator.

http://www.ihonlynorth.com/forums/ne...-scout-ii.html