Thread: 800a hood badge "IH"

Default 800a hood badge "IH"

Hello

How do you remove the hood emblem on a 69 Scout 800a? I can't get to the backside and I'm afraid to pry - they seem to be very rare.

Default Badge removal.

The badge has two prongs on the backside of the badge that go straight into the hood.There are also 2 round clips that are on the hood it presses into.You can slowly pry it off but it has to be done evenly on both sides so you don't snap the prongs.There is no other way(the clips are press fit into the hood too).There are no access holes under the hood to push it out from the backside.Just evenly pry it up slowly from all sides and it should com out.

Thanks JackJ

I figured it was something like that, but didn't want to proceed without asking. thanks again.

where does one find the 'pieces' that go into the holes that make the badge stick into the holes for the hood emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge97 View Post
    where does one find the 'pieces' that go into the holes that make the badge stick into the holes for the hood emblem?
    They are called "emblem peg grabbers" and can be found at scoutparts.com.
    Click on Scout 800, then click emblems and they should be on the first parts page.

Talking

excellent, thank you...so what do you if one of the pegs is broken off?

Quote Originally Posted by dodge97 View Post
    excellent, thank you...so what do you if one of the pegs is broken off?
    I'm sure there is someone out there that could possibly repair the broken peg, however; I would probably just buy a new one. There are several online sources to choose from. Also search for Farmall emblems (case-ihparts.com) I've seen several that would most likely work for you. Start with ScoutParts.com and maybe Ebay.