Thread: Carb..rebuild or replace?

Default Carb..rebuild or replace?

before anyone says it I have abused the search button and been reading past threads for a while. Cannot find my model # on the carb. due to past threads looks like i might have a 2300, but cant be sure. its a 1975 345/t19. is it worth rebuilding or updating? how do these motors respond to a 2 to 4 barrel adapter and an edelbrock 600? or perhaps a larger 2 barrel holley? thanks for the assistance.

if it is the stock carb it is a very good chance it is the Holley 2210.
    They are rebuildable and the kits are fairly cheap. Do you know you need a rebuild, or just want to do it for the sake of doing it?
    The 2210 carb is a solid unit and can last forever.
    Now if you want to upgrade you have to be careful and look at your smog laws where you are. For an aftermarket carb it all depends on what you want. Personally, I like holley, wont catch me with an edelbrock, but again it is personal choice. The same goes for what people want in CFM. For our engines, 350cfm is more then enough to get you going at freeway speeds and also get you up that steep climb while off roading. I see no need to go any higher on CFM. That also goes for 2 barrel and 4 barrel. 2 barrel is more then enough gas. Only reason for the 4 barrel is if you drive by the seat of your pants and you want to feel the extra two jets kick in on the freeway to pass. 4 barrel doesnt help any off roading as you ain't stomping on the gas pedal, at least you shouldn't be.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Thanks for the reply, i believe the pump is out for it will run when gas is poured through the top but wont feed through the line. and yes fuel pump and filter were also checked. thing was sittin for about 4 years without gas bein run though it so I just assume rebuild it or replace it with a aftermarket or if not needed just a stock replacement, which is why i needed to know what model I had. Live in SC, they dont know what smog and emissions are, so im good as far as that is concerened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    before anyone says it I have abused the search button and been reading past threads for a while. Cannot find my model # on the carb. thanks for the assistance.
    ya know that's why I stopped coming to the older binder bulletin. people would always say just search it, like you didn't know that one thing on the carb soak it for a while over night preferred, and don't tighten the adjustments needles to tight