Thread: scout 2 oil pump

Question scout 2 oil pump

I have scout 2 that i am installing a dana 60 front in and full hyd steering. I am worried that I do not have enough room between my steering ram and my oil pan can i use a oil pan and oil pump from a pickup with a 345 or is it the same as a scout pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    I have scout 2 that i am installing a dana 60 front in and full hyd steering. I am worried that I do not have enough room between my steering ram and my oil pan can i use a oil pan and oil pump from a pickup with a 345 or is it the same as a scout pan.
    The pans and pumps have to match each other on the SV series engine. The reason the pans are different is for clearance, no other reasons.

The 74/75 pickup are unique, but will probably work best for your application. The pumps for the scouts or the 74/75 pickup are no longer available. The standard pickup/travelall pump is the same as the loadstar, but the screen neck is deeper for the loadstar for the deeper pan. Some people have customized the pickup tube for the purpose you describe.

HTH.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default thanks

Thanks for the info do you know where I could purchase one of those oil pumps and pan