Thread: Home-made trailer pulled by my SII

Default Home-made trailer pulled by my SII

I so love my Scout that I butchered my dead early 80's chebby into the shape of a trailer. It really does a great job of making my Scout look shabby! Darn that rusty trailer.

Anywho, here's the question: has anybody ever adapted the e-brake system from a converted pickup to work on the trailer? My trailer works great, but other than wheel chocks, I have no way to keep it from rolling when parked. I was thinking about picking up some manual version from the interior of another vehicle, but figure that it wouldn't be too weather proof.

Just looking for ideas on how to manually lock the brakes as if it was the ebrake. Anybody done this before?

BTW, I'm a long time member, but somewhere along the lines my profile disappeared. :-( I was even a paying member. I'll work that out later.
    Thanks y'all.

How about something along the lines of a come-along to the e-brake cable? I don't mean that exactly, but that would be the way. Any hand brake assembly with the right type of ratchet.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Quote Originally Posted by Allan E. View Post
    How about something along the lines of a come-along to the e-brake cable? I don't mean that exactly, but that would be the way. Any hand brake assembly with the right type of ratchet.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Has anyone seen a kit for this? Or what is the best all-weather type setup that I could pull from the junk yard?

i used a hand parking brake from a toyota for a little trailer i built it works fine i just spray a little wd-40 now and then on it

Default e-brake

you could just buy an e-brake handle from summit and set it up on the tongue attached to the stock cables(if theyre still there and not blue wrenched off)