Thread: 72 scot ii gas tank

Default 72 scot ii gas tank

Is there anybody out there that can tell me where to connect the ports on the side of my 72 scout gas tank?

There should be 3 connections. 1 large one obviously for the filler neck. One 1/2" one that is the filler neck vent fthat hose is about 3 feet long and attaches to the filler neck up near the gas cap. The 3rd I used for a vent and ran a 5/16" hose from it up into the fender attached it to the top of the filler neck with a wire tie then ran it back down and just stuck it into a hole in the frame. I did this to help keep fumes from getting into the Scout. If you are in deep water sometimes you might put a check valve or old fuel filter in line after it drops back down so that when the cold water cools the tank it doesn't suck water up into the vent.

There should be a big panel that is on the driver side in the rear behind the spare tire. If you take that panel off it should have a plastic fuel vaper catcher thingy (yeah, dont know the name of it) The three hoses go to that, in what order I am not sure of. Get yourself a user manual and it will tell ya where each goes.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Or you can just use the fill line and the vent that is immediately next to it and cap the rest of them off. If you are not in an emissions control area, it does no harm to run it this way.

Default Thanks.

Thanks for the help guys. The po had bypassed the liquid vapor seperator. I ran one line to the vapor canaster under the hood. The filler neck and filler neck vent are hooked up and i just capped off the other two.