Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the binderbulletin of the past?

Default What happened to the binderbulletin of the past?

I have a lot of old stored links to what was very useful info. regarding the sd33 engine series, that I had found on the binder several years ago. Now, none of the links work, and I have no idea whether that info. still exists on the binder, but from looking around I would say no. I have been a member for about 10 yrs. and had to register at least 3 different times, with the last one being yesterday.
    Did the servers die?, and none of the archived info. was moved in the transfer?
    Is Eldon M. still around? Thanks for any info. anyone can provide.
    3rd generation

There was a problem between people and most of the old BB became Binder planet, your old user name and password should work over there. Almost all of the info is there but you will have to research it again. This is all I am going to say about it.
    73 1210 4x4 Travelette 5 spd. 392
    300 utility tractor
    64 Scout 80-152/ weber 32/36
    80 PARTS for 2 scouts
    73 Scout2, 304.4 spd. runs almost rust free!
    Member, Sonora Desert Scouts

That is enough explanation for me. I have more of an understanding now. Thank you.
    3rd generation

I talked to Eldon recently. He doesn't post very often, but he's still around if nobody else can help. The community has grown enough that most of the questions can be answered by other folks, so he doesn't feel the need as much, but I only bug him when nobody else can figure it out.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

allan, did you get my visitor message?

Will

i have a question for you allan.when i log off of the BP,or JI site,then to get back on,i have to re-log in? but here at the new BB i don't have to re-log in,why is that?jeff( here on the new BB it keeps my user name and password stored!?) say for instance the power goes out,then i have to re-log in w/user name & password,but not on this new site?

Your computer can store the password and recognize the link. There's a box that says "save my password" when you log in. Check that before you hit the login command. The only time you don't want to do this is on a shared computer. If you refresh or delete your cookies, you'll have to do it all over again. Most other sites are the same way. It's just a matter of how the login screen is laid out as to where the box is checked.
    Allan E.

i do check the box,and it still logs me off when the ole lady gets on,then when she's done,an shuts the comp down then it happens.then i must re-log in.thx-allan,jeff

I guess I was forgotten..., it didn't recognize me. Good to read your kicking Allen..., you too Jeff. I hope you old geezers are are happy with the outcome of the presidentaul election soon to come

Scouting, your name and password are probably still good on binderplanet. I thought you had been over there since the change, but either way, you are most welcome here.
    Allan E.