Thread: 1969 international scout roof question

Default 1969 international scout roof question

im looking to buy this 69 scout and it has a truck type setup, my question is can i get the full rood/ suv style roof and put it on here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by timay4337 View Post
    im looking to buy this 69 scout and it has a truck type setup, my question is can i get the full rood/ suv style roof and put it on here.
    Yes. Put the half cab up for sale. Somebody will want to trade you straight across. The half cabs are harder to find.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

how much do you think it would be worth?

If it's the original steel halfcab, I've seen those go for $700+ here on the west coast and the bulkhead another $500+. I'd hang onto those if I were you.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

The swap is no problem but like okkool77 I would keep the halfcab and bulkhead. I switch mine back and forth depending on the season. The full cabs are easy to find the half cabs are not!

Default what?!??!?

Quote Originally Posted by okkool77 View Post
    If it's the original steel halfcab, I've seen those go for $700+ here on the west coast and the bulkhead another $500+. I'd hang onto those if I were you.
    That is completely insane. You can find 100 half cabs and bulkheads across the country for under $300 total. Even that is top dollar no pun intended. If you can get that much I have a few I can sell to you for half that much and you can clean up on the resale. As a matter of fact I have 2 that need work you can have for $100 each. Bulkheads go for $50 to $75. You can have one perfectly reproduced for about 2 skins.

Stu...

any chance you've still got a half top and bulk head up for grabs? if so, what kind of shape are you they in? i've got a 1970 800A. any luck?

also, what part of Maryland are you in? i'm in Delaware, so it's been tough to find Scout parts anywhere even remotely close.

thanks for your help...
    -garrett

Default half cab

I am in central Maryland NW of Baltimore.

I still do have two tops. They are pretty rough. Could be interested in moving them. They would be pretty cheap. Not sure about the bulkhead, might need that for aweird project I am considering. I can get them easily enough. I know a few folks that have them. Strangely the bulkheads have been turning up rusted out and in worse shape than the tops which for a very long time was the other way around.

I have plenty of 80/800 parts including three units that I am parting out or selling whole.

Quote Originally Posted by okkool77 View Post
    that is insane

Quote Originally Posted by AZ scout guy View Post
    that is insane
    Ya it is, but here in the sierra nevada mountains. Thats what they go for.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012