Thread: Turn Signal Stays On

Question Turn Signal Stays On

Newbie here. I searched threads and posts for this issue, but found none. Here goes... I went all through my 77 for fuses, wiring, bulbs etc. Good news: she's street legal all bulbs, lights, and every gage (except fuel which is dead & and aftermarket water temp I added) works. However, when I have headlights on and make a left turn --- the signal on the dash stays on solid unless I manually turn it off each time. any thoughts, thnx

Quote Originally Posted by jlrubicon View Post
    Newbie here. I searched threads and posts for this issue, but found none. Here goes... I went all through my 77 for fuses, wiring, bulbs etc. Good news: she's street legal all bulbs, lights, and every gage (except fuel which is dead & and aftermarket water temp I added) works. However, when I have headlights on and make a left turn --- the signal on the dash stays on solid unless I manually turn it off each time. any thoughts, thnx
    The turn signal cam is a GM part. The steering column is out of a camaro or Vega of the same year scout.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default Turn signal

Ok the turn signal not canceling is a function of the cam in the steering column, however the indicator staying on solid is a differant issue. Check your bulbs, and make sure that they are all working. Sometimes a faulty ground will cause a bulb to not work resulting in what your describing as far as the solid light(no blinking)