Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 66 scout 800 carb info?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    13

    Default 66 scout 800 carb info?

    I'am trying to find out exactly witch carb i have on my scout. I just got it about a week ago. It's a 66' 800 with the original 152 in it, and holley 1 barrel carb. The truck sat for a long time and the carb is sticky, but it does run fairly well. I thought i'd pull it apart and clean it, but i'am afraid that the gaskets are going to fall apart. I was trying to find a rebuild kit for it, but i don't see any numbers on it to figure out what kit that i need?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repo94 View Post
    I'am trying to find out exactly witch carb i have on my scout. I just got it about a week ago. It's a 66' 800 with the original 152 in it, and holley 1 barrel carb. The truck sat for a long time and the carb is sticky, but it does run fairly well. I thought i'd pull it apart and clean it, but i'am afraid that the gaskets are going to fall apart. I was trying to find a rebuild kit for it, but i don't see any numbers on it to figure out what kit that i need?
    It's a Holley 1904. I think 20-1 was the part number on the last one I bought, but that was 1994... Check the Holley website and you'll find out which kit you need. I think the kit also works for the 1914 that was used on the 196 engines.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    13

    Default

    thanks for the info. I tried looking around on the holley web site and i didn't really find anything. I'am not sure if i'am not looking in the right spot? Could anyone tell me where the carb numbers might be on this thing? I looked at it several times and the only numbers i can find are stamped by the fuel inlet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repo94 View Post
    thanks for the info. I tried looking around on the holley web site and i didn't really find anything. I'am not sure if i'am not looking in the right spot? Could anyone tell me where the carb numbers might be on this thing? I looked at it several times and the only numbers i can find are stamped by the fuel inlet.
    You might be looking at the LIST number. That is another way to ID the carb. 4 digit number?
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    13

    Default

    yep, those are the ones i have. The list number is 2019. I thought there would be another number somewhere on there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repo94 View Post
    yep, those are the ones i have. The list number is 2019. I thought there would be another number somewhere on there.
    No, the list number is the one you want.

    A Holley 2 barrel, used on the V8 engines for many years, has different sizes for the same design. A Holley 2300 from an early V8 might be a 1710 list, and be a 275 cfm carb. The 350 or 500 cfm carb would be two different list numbers. bit still a 2300.

    The rebuild kit for the 1904 will be listed on the site using that list number. If I remember correctly, the kit is used on several different carbs, including the 1914 used on the IH 196 engnes. We get so used to talking about them by the design number instead of the list number because there are just too many to remember, as you can see by the info on the Holley site.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    13

    Default

    i checked out the holley web site. I can't find anything on there that say's model 1904, or the list number of 2019? I feel like a idiot when it comes to holleys, theres so many...........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    I didn't see it there, either.

    Niehoff part number is CK114 for the kit. O'Reilly's has it on their website, so it may still be available. The Walker part number is 15114A, I think.

    I hope it's not discontinued. Haven't looked for it for a long time.

    JustIH has information on Weber and Motorcraft replacement carbs, plus a 26 page manual on the Holley 1904 on their website in the 80/800 FAQ. This is the info on the Weber.

    http://www.justih.org/Binder-Bench/s...ead.php?t=6109
    Last edited by Allan E.; 06-13-2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •