Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scoutparts rip off

Angry scoutparts rip off

Hi, just want to give a heads up to all about scoutparts.com I went to order a NOS quarter panel that is on their web site. I paid and everything, thought it was coming ( top dollar as you know) get a call from them Not in stock, but they have a fiberglass one that is good to go,primered and everthing, (the old bait and switch) it comes, of course gelcoat Ill sand and sand then prime,not a problem for scoutparts but a problem for me.So I have a look at my checking account and find that they charged me like a $100 to ship this 15# fiberglass quarter panel. Their mark up was a bunch. The quarter panel is $402. on the Kentrol website and they charged me $579.00 and it was shipped direct from the factory. I have contacted scoutparts for a detailed invoice and am awaiting their reply. I feel that I have been ripped off! Any one else have a similar experience with these people?

Yep, welcome to the world of dealing with Scoutparts.com.
    Thats exactly why the majority of us in the community won't deal with them anymore, they use underhanded dealings and it's impossible to get a straight answer. I purchessed a carb rebuild kit from them for my single barrel on a 258 AMC. It took 5 weeks for the item to be shipped though my card was charged within minutes of placing the order via phone. They asked for my shipping address so I gave it to them, when the kit never showed up I asked them how they sent it; what do you know, it was sent via USPS instead of FedEx. Asked them to send a replacement since it was their mistake and the answer I recieved was "pay for another one". My whole expericence took a $30 carb kit and turned it into a $85 one. Buyer beware with Scoutparts.com
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

FWIW, this is the kind of situation for which challenging the charge on a credit charge is worth the trouble. To make it easier, save all correspondence and if that includes phone calls, write a message to yourself detailing the conversation, and put it in the same folder/file.
    If "unexpected delays" occur, request a refund if the charge has already been made, or request a written waiver of the challenge time limits from the seller; except for custom produced parts, a reputable and responsible dealer should agree to this.

Your right, they should agree to such things. Good luck getting these guys to do it though. I'm still in the process of getting a refund on one of the kits and I received them in December. Everything they do is at thier own slow pace except for taking money.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong...But Doesn't SCOUTPARTS own this website?

Quote Originally Posted by mattkelley View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong...But Doesn't SCOUTPARTS own this website?
    Yeah so? What is your point?
    There is a big difference in hosting a website and letting people post verses selling parts, shipping them out correctly and having competitive prices.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

I purchased a set of nos gas caps without handles because
    i had the handles from the old ones, they showed up and had no #'s that were on my originals NOS?(NEW OLD STOCK) well the handles did not fit.I took a look at my IH parts catalog from 1966 and matched the #'s to make sure I had the Originals handles and I did. After calling him out on it he sent me the aftermarket handles for the aftermarket caps.FOR FREE

Default anti Scout parts

Just another Anti. I ordered leaf spring bushings in early June. Still no sign of them.

RIPOFFparts I mean yeah scoutparts.com are a JOKE period!!!!! I ordered a clutch and rebuild kit for my 79 SII. They sent me a 4 cyl clutch!! Then I had to pay the difference and shipping both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN when they got back to me 3 months later they said the parts I sent back were USED HAHAHAHAH RIIIIIIIGHT!!!!! So they charged me for that to. SCAMMERS!!!! Funny thing was the braniac I talked to said "Oh scouts came with a 3 speed? I only heard of a 4 I think your wrong". Listen pal almost everything back then came with a 3 speed WTH you talking about!!! 4 speed was a darn luxury!!!! I should of knew right then but I had to learn the hard way. Pheeeeeeeew that felt good!!

Bottom line let these jokers go outta business!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattkelley View Post
    please correct me if i am wrong...but doesn't scoutparts own this website?
    good hope they read all these complaints from the people on here. People that work hard for there money and get ripped off!!!!