Thread: 75 Scout II, solid, great runner N Indiana

Default 75 Scout II, solid, great runner N Indiana

I've amassed too many Scouts (yeah, I know, I didn't know it was possible either) and I've got to get rid of some. This is one that I planned to use as a plow truck; since then I got another, rougher candidate that will work for my purposes better. This Scout is a lot solider than the average rust belt truck; it needs the front body mount on the driver's side, as well as some work on the mid mount (at the step) on the driver's side. Pretty much all of the floor, as well as the inner rocker, is solid, so it would be a relatively easy fix or drive it as is and slam the door a little harder. There is some rot at the front of the driver's rear quarter, but I have a patch panel that will cover half of the quarter and solve that problem completely. Engine is a 304 two barrel, fresh tune up, rebuilt carb, Pertronix Ignitor in the gold box distributor, it runs great. New exhaust from manifolds to rear bumper. Four speed close ratio, Dana 20 case. Dana 44's front and rear, unknown ratio but I suspect 3.54's. Aluminum slot wheels with near new tires, however they have some age on them and are beginning to show a little weather checking. This is a basic, stripper model Scout II that came with no accessories or add ons other than an AM radio and power brakes; it even has manual steering, however I have a complete power steering setup that goes with the truck. Have another project that moved to the front of the herd, so I need to get rid of it.....$1600, may take a partial trade + cash (need as much of the $$ as I can get) depending on what you have. There is also the possibility of adding a Western cable operated power angle snowplow to the deal for another $450 or so. The plow is complete with lights, controls, good cables, etc. and was working when pulled from another Scout. This is a factory Western plow mount, not a hacked up garage job. PM or email olscout99 at yahoo dot com for more info or pictures if interested. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images