Thread: Cub Cadet Help

Default Cub Cadet Help

I own a '73 Scout. Love it and have enjoyed learning how to keep it running. I'm no pro wrencher but I can usually get stuff done.

I'd like to buy an IH tractor with mower. The wife and I decided to stimulate the economy by buying a house and said house comes with a bigger yard. I also do some small time farming and will need something that can run a tiller.

What sort of Cubs should I be looking at? I know very little about the mowers other than the brief reading I've done here and on other Internet sites.

I want something reliable, not too expensive and small enough for the yard (about .5 acre). So far, I've looked at 1811 models from the 80's and some 1210's from years unknown. Will these models be able to run a tiller and are parts readily available for them?

Anything I shouldn't be looking at?

Default Cub Cadet Help

Does any one know where i can get engine parts for a cub cadet 128? I need a flywheel, a starter, and a carburator.
    Also I need to find a shaft coupler that will conect a 1 10 spline shaft to a 1 keyway shaft.