Thread: Dang Thing Cutting Off

Default Dang Thing Cutting Off

HELP... Again 345 IH will idle fine when in park or netural but when I put it in gear if I dont give it some gas first wants to stall out. It also runs good while driving along but when I stop it wants to stall out again. Other than that it sounds good runs good ( normal ) but not going to work driving around tow.
    She will always start right back up. I wonder if it could be something with the Carb...But just rebuilt not long ago. Has anyone else had this type of issue...Thanks 75 SG

What RPM's are you idling at? If it's too low of an idle, when you put it in gear the motor will want to stall out.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

RPM gage is not working at the moment. I thought it could be that so I did turn the idle up on it some. It didnt help,This just started happening last week, it was running fine then it started stalling when I would stop. It has a manual choke, I was thinking mabe adjust it some..75SG

RPM 650 warm. If it's too low, it will stall. If it's too high, it will clunk into gear and damage parts.

Choke all the way in (wide open) warm. This time of year, choke is only needed for starting when engine is cold and first 30-60 seconds to enrich the mixture, probably no more than 1/4 of the way out.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I will get the RPM gauge working and adjust choke..hopefully that will do it..
    Thanks Again....75SG