Thread: Wanted: Scout V8 Accelerator Linkage

Default Wanted: Scout V8 Accelerator Linkage

Short Version: I am looking for an accelerator linkage for an International V8 engine.

The long story is that I bought a 1970 IH Scout 800A from a wrecker. He didn't know anything about it and some of the parts walked away (the linkage being a causality of the carb). This Scout does not have its original engine. It has a V8 for sure, but as it accepts a 4 barrel carb, I am pretty sure it is either a 345 of 392 from a different IH vehicle.

I don't even really know what this thing looks like, so if someone could even send pictures that would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Is your truck automatic tranny or manual??? I have a complete set up from a 304 auto that's available. PM me with more details.

Good point. The truck has a 4-speed manual.

Woodman:

Apparently I can't PM until I post more...

The Scout actually had a 304 origionally, so that might do the job. Do you have any photos? One of the problems with not knowing what is in this thing is I have no idea what will and will not fit until I see it.

I should have pix at home. I'll check tonight. I also have the maunal linkage set up on my 79 donor w/3spd. manual, but I need that for my build. I'll compare them and try to determine compatability. Maybe someone can chime in on wether or not the linkage set ups are the same for both manual & auto trans?????

you can prolly put a setup in it from a S11,and have a cable instead of the hard linkage.? jeff

I send you a PM concerning this linkage.