Thread: IH loadstar 1600

Default IH loadstar 1600

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I purchased a Loadstar dump truck. It needs a new paint job and the brakes needs fixing. I ordered the rear and front wheel cylinders. The rear axle seals are worn out and the brake assemblies were covered with oil. I tried NAPA, Motion Industries and another local truck parts store and nobody can find a replacement oil seals. Also the seal does not have any numbers on them. Where can I purchase these?

What about the front metal axle seals? Are these available as well?

P.s. I don't know the year of the DT other than its a 1600 Load Star with butterfly hoods. its possibly a 1968???

No one could find the seal # for our Loadstar 1600 Either (it has the butterfly hoods, too). We took the seal in, and had it matched up, it seems 'modern' seals are narrower where they fit into the housing, so there is no exact fit replacement. We put the slightly narrower seal in its place, and it is holding just fine. NAPA Showed no part number for this seal when looking it up in the book, but by measuring with calipers, they matched up the one we used, even had it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebrfarmr View Post
    No one could find the seal # for our Loadstar 1600 Either (it has the butterfly hoods, too). We took the seal in, and had it matched up, it seems 'modern' seals are narrower where they fit into the housing, so there is no exact fit replacement. We put the slightly narrower seal in its place, and it is holding just fine. NAPA Showed no part number for this seal when looking it up in the book, but by measuring with calipers, they matched up the one we used, even had it on hand.
    My wife's uncles took the part to a local parts store (now owned by NAPA) and they matches the rear seals. The front seals are non-existent.