Thread: Fake Flowmasters

Default Fake Flowmasters

I noticed while under my scout today the "flowmasters" i had installed about a month ago caught my eye. I took a closer look at them and noticed the "paint" was peeling off of them, they were discolored, and most of all they did not have the word Flowmaster stamped on them. Did a little research and found if they dont have flowmaster stamped on them they are not flowmasters. I requested flowmasters, they quoted flowmasters, and i paid flowmaster prices. From my research the fakes are known for paint peeling and welds breaking. I am going to the shop tomorrow to see if they will back their work and replace them if not i will be posting there name. If you have or are going to have Flowmasters installed look at them if they dont have FLOWMASTER stamped on them they are fake.

Does your receipt say "Flowmaster" or something else?

I sure hope you have some paperwork to support your statements. Take that paperwork to them and ONE TIME tell them they have to make it right. Be nice. Ask them when they will have it finished. Write down the name of the person you talk to as they tell you. Get the last name, too.

If you get the runaround, still, be nice. Write them a letter explaining that you are now taking the issue to the BBB, or if you don't want to bother, simply file a claim in small claims court and let the judge look at your claim. Be sure to ask for court costs, filing fees, attorney fees (if any) and mileage to and from the shop to attempt to resolve the issue.

If they have to have a special license, as is the case in many states, file a complaint against that, too.

My guess is that it won't go that far. They may have been ripped off, too, but that's not your problem. You are obligated to allow them to try to make it right, because they may have screwed up rather than deliberately ripped you off.

Above all, do not argue with them.

If your paperwork does not say what it needs to say, you could lose this one. If the receipt says flowmasters, take a copy of it with you. Do not let them have the original receipt when you go back to make the claim. They can look up the invoice number with a copy just as easily.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I have the receipt and it says FM 942442 which if you Google comes up as a flowmaster. Like you said i went in there relaxed and i gave them an easy out by suggesting their supplier gave them the wrong item and for someone who was just told they were ripped off by their supplier or they were ripping me off she didn't seem real surprised. She just had one of her workers come out to look at it, then she called and ordered new ones and said she would call me when they come in.

Sounds like they are going to make it right... This is the least they can do.
    Best of luck... let us know how it turns out.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    I have the receipt and it says FM 942442 which if you Google comes up as a flowmaster. Like you said i went in there relaxed and i gave them an easy out by suggesting their supplier gave them the wrong item and for someone who was just told they were ripped off by their supplier or they were ripping me off she didn't seem real surprised. She just had one of her workers come out to look at it, then she called and ordered new ones and said she would call me when they come in.
    Well done. Don't forget to smile when you go back and check on them. Did she say when they would come in?
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak