Thread: 1975 Loadstar 1600 [ Manual Hubs Needed ]

Default 1975 Loadstar 1600 [ Manual Hubs Needed ]

Hello, Gents
    I recently purchased a very nice 75 loadstar with 5,000 original miles this was ex-firetruck for a gas company up north. I would like to find out where I may obtain manual hubs for my frontend and will it just be a hub conversion up front to completely unlock front axles etc I just want to extend the life off all my frontend so manual hubs may help -new or used someone please give me a number or source -thanks Chris from the once great state of [ GA ] 678-595-5587 call or text

You can take the serial number of your truck to an IH/Navistar dealer and see if they list the replacements. Get a part number if they don't stock them, or even if they do. That will get you on your way.

The only other alternative I can think of is to get the parts manual. Some of the 4x4 loadstars used Dana 70 front ends, just like the 1 ton trucks. Some used other axles. Without knowing which it is, the search can be difficult.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Thankyou for the info-sorry to not know what I have listed in ad. You may have just helped me anyway because I believe my frontend is a Dana 70 I will count the bolts on cover and compare them to the Dana 70 axle in my older PowerWagon 1963 W300 which has the 70,s front and rear. If I have a dana 70 up front that should make it easier to find hubs correct ????

What would make it easier would be to pull the hubs and look at them. There is probably a part number on them somewhere.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

OK - I will do that - thankyou Chris

Default 1975 Loadstar 1600 Manual Hubs Needed

Am looking to get some manual Hubs and a Snorkel for my 1992 Suzuki Escudo Ga16 engine and was wondering what where the best options, also open to buying second hand.

Default 1975 Loadstar 1600 Manual Hubs Needed

I might be confused on what you are asking. All the parts in that diagram are needed and are available to order. My engine is a factory electric start converted to manual start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.