Thread: 66' Scout 800 seat interchange

Default 66' Scout 800 seat interchange

i have a 66' 800 that i picked up about a month ago. But somewhere down the road the front and rear seats with all the hardware where pulled out. I'am trying to find some used seats with the sliders and risers so i can bolt the factory seats back in. I'am just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what truck seats will interchange between the 80, 800, and scout II? I'am really tryin to stick with the factory stuff. I know there not the best, but i sure do like that original feel.

Default seats

Quote Originally Posted by repo94 View Post
    i have a 66' 800 that i picked up about a month ago. But somewhere down the road the front and rear seats with all the hardware where pulled out. I'am trying to find some used seats with the sliders and risers so i can bolt the factory seats back in. I'am just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what truck seats will interchange between the 80, 800, and scout II? I'am really tryin to stick with the factory stuff. I know there not the best, but i sure do like that original feel.
    If you end up ditching the stock low back buckets, I would suggest Ford Explorer high back buckets for the front and the 2/3-1/3 split rear bench setup from the same vehicle. Bases will need to be fabricated for both the front and the back. Remember to get all of the seatbelt stuff out when you pull them. The 2/3 rear bench fits nicely between the wheel wells and has a knitted hole in the bench for a seatbelt latch. It is perfect for a single child's car seat or booster. You would need a third mounting point for the shoulder beltif you were to use the booster. A rollbar that attaches through the tub and into the frame would be my suggestion for that.

I think I have a spare set from my 65 80 that you can have.

if you've got the riser for the drivers side, the bar mount for the passenger and the seats and sliders i'd deffently be interested. If ya got some pic's, please post em. I'am not 100% sure if there a direct bolt in from what i understand there might be some differences.
    Last edited by repo94; 07-04-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Default risers

The passenger riser (bar) is a bolt-in. The only reason you would need one is for a stock passenger seat. The driver's side (box) is welded in. I do not have any good driver's seat base boxes. I do have good driver's sliders and useable seats. You would need to make a box or adapt one from something else most likely. The passenger side does not slide. It sits in a fixed position on little pivot rods to swing up for access to the cargo section.