Thread: 1967 B100 pick up - Wiring

Default 1967 B100 pick up - Wiring

I haven't posted a question to the group very often and hope that I am playing by the numbers. Anyway, I have a 1967 B1100 pick up truck that has had its wiring harness mutalated prior to my purchase. I have made a number of engine repairs to it and am getting ready to crank it up for the first time. But, after looking under the dash and seeing all of the splicing and dicing. I think I need to clean it up before I go any further. The problem is the bank is broke for now and I can not seem to get my hands on the parts manual. Has anybody got a copy of MT118? I need this to try and track down the wiring issues unless someone out there knows of another schematic that may be available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    noland2010

[quote=noland2010@yahoo.com;4832]I haven't posted a question to the group very often and hope that I am playing by the numbers. Anyway, I have a 1967 B1100 pick up truck that has had its wiring harness mutalated prior to my purchase. I have made a number of engine repairs to it and am getting ready to crank it up for the first time. But, after looking under the dash and seeing all of the splicing and dicing. I think I need to clean it up before I go any further. The problem is the bank is broke for now and I can not seem to get my hands on the parts manual. Has anybody got a copy of MT118? I need this to try and track down the wiring issues unless someone out there knows of another schematic that may be available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    noland2010[/quote]

Scans of the wiring diagrams aren't that useful because the printing was done from the original microfilms, not the original negatives.

To get it running:

1. When key goes to "START" position, "S" terminal on solenoid goes to (+) and engages starter.
    2. At the same time, a wire from the "R" terminal goes to the (+) side of the coil.
    3. When you let go of the key, that voltage goes away, and from the "RUN" position, voltage is "supposed" to be applied from a "resistance" wire of about 1.8 ohms. This is what is used as a ballast resistor.

The points close, then when they open, you get a spark.

The alternator puts out voltage from the big fat wire on the back. Tie it directly to the (+) battery terminal, then from the number 2 wire on the plug of the alternator, put a small light bulb to the fat wire to tell it to turn on.

That should get you started. There aren't that many wires on an 1100 pickup. Just do one circuit at a time.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default B1100 Wiring

Thanks for the instruction. It reminded me of some things I had forgot.
    Mike