Thread: 1975 scout ii

Threaded View

Default 1975 scout ii

I have a 1975 Scout II that I have to part with. I have spent a lot of time working on it and have redone some stuff.

Runs and Drives
    32" tires
    Rebuilt Dana 20 transfer case
    345 V-8
    Dana 44 front and rear axles
    Roll bar
    Recent tune-up
    Hard top and Bakini top
    Rewired the entire truck w/harness from IHOnlynorth.com (see photo) 95% finished. Just a few small things need to be hooked up.
    All new hardware on both front and rear axles.
    New u-joints on main drive shaft
    New shocks all around
    New fuel pump
    New thermostat
    New air filter and housing
    New Battery
    Have new steering stabilizer (not installed)
    Have new set of brake pads (not needed right now)
    Have new neutral safety switch (not installed and needs wires run to plug)
    The wires need to be run to the 4x4 indicator light.
    Interior lights (the lights turn on when you open the door) need to be wired.

I have a bunch of extra stuff to go with it (light housings and small stuff). Also have a four bbl intake manifold for it. It currently has a four bbl Edlebrok 1600 series adapted to a 2 bbl intake.
    Has 2" steel tubing bumpers with large box in front for good size winch and brush guard brush guard (see photo's) is unbolted right now cuz I pulled the A/C out cuz it wasn't working. I have all the A/C stuff still as well. Pretty sure the compressor needs rebuild.

This Scout is in damn good condition for being 38 years old. Some rust, but not much. The tub is in very good shape. Little bits of surface rust (see photo's) but nothing that a grinder can't take care of.There is a small dent in the tailgate (see photo).

I had all kinds of plans for this thing, but I just don't have the time to invest in it.

Have a pile of receipts from previous owners. Didn't save many of my own (wasn't planning on ever getting rid of it). I also have a scout repair manual that has everything you'd ever need to know to pull the entire truck apart into the smallest pieces possible. It is VERY detailed.

It would be great for someone who loves scouts or an awesome hunting rig. I have around $5000 into this thing. I'm asking $3500 OBO. Possible trades for another vehicle or guns (AR, or pistols) and cash.

So drop me a line, come by and check it out. Let's make a deal that sends us both away happy. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Last edited by Cdiver; 12-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    Old school fan (1990) First time owner (2011)
    75 Scout II
    1978 KZ750 Cafe Racer