Thread: Engine issue

Default Engine issue

I have a 1969 International lightline 1100D and I put a different engine in because the old 304 was locked up so I put a 345 in there that I took out of a loadstar 1600 (Grain truck) and it runs but won't idle. I didn't touch the carburetor but after we put it in it just wouldn't idle anymore. I then preceded to mess around with the screws and it didn't seem to have an effect. I don't remember what I did but I got it to idle at about 1200 RPM when it should be around 700 Max. The grain truck also had a vaccum solenoid but I don't on the pickup and don't know how to install that because it has connections that the pickup has but is used by the starter relay. Any ideas or suggestions? I have a Holley 2bbl Carb. c7287 6620 2A 41192 c92 3034

There's a good chance it could be a vacuum leak. Plug all your vacuum spots & crimp your brake booster & try to lower the idle to whatever it can take and spray carb cleaner all around the base of the carburetor. If the idle changes from the spray then it's being sucked in somewhere. Just be careful because too much spray on the engine will explode and you'll lose your eye brows.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jay View Post
    There's a good chance it could be a vacuum leak. Plug all your vacuum spots & crimp your brake booster & try to lower the idle to whatever it can take and spray carb cleaner all around the base of the carburetor. If the idle changes from the spray then it's being sucked in somewhere. Just be careful because too much spray on the engine will explode and you'll lose your eye brows.
    I believe every hole is covered but there is a open hole on the high temperature valve but I even plugged that up and the results remain the same. For the most part I believe no one touched the engine until it was in the pickup but when it was installed is when the issues started

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod Biberdorf View Post
    I believe every hole is covered but there is a open hole on the high temperature valve but I even plugged that up and the results remain the same. For the most part I believe no one touched the engine until it was in the pickup but when it was installed is when the issues started
    Alright so I went back the body of the grain truck and noticed the vacuum brake booster was on there so I plugged that up and it is much better and then I took it off and put a plug in there so Thank you for bringing that to my attention