Thread: jetting Holley 6R1919B for a 345

Default jetting Holley 6R1919B for a 345

My rebuilt 345 (in a Scout 800) has an aftermarket Holley 6R1919 B . I was told it was on a 390 IH motor. Carb looks not too old. The mains ar #61 jets now.

How do I jet it? What size does it need?
    thanks, greg

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    My rebuilt 345 (in a Scout 800) has an aftermarket Holley 6R1919 B . I was told it was on a 390 IH motor. Carb looks not too old. The mains ar #61 jets now.

How do I jet it? What size does it need?
    thanks, greg
    I'm not familiar with that carb. Try www.holley.com and see if they have the instructions listed? I suspect altitude makes a lot of difference. It always has for me.

The 345 normally is not run above 3700 rpm for any amount of time. The stock sized primaries (or stock 2 barrel) is about 300 cfm for best economy and power. I used to run an Edelbrock 1405 on my travelall, and never needed to get into the secondaries. Kept them closed all the time, still could hit 4000 rpms with no problem when I needed to in a hurry.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Default carb type

thanks for replying allen. I looked online, and my carb is similar in appearance to a Holley 2300. My main jets ar #61, I live at 560 feet above sea level. Greg