Thread: locking hub...

Default locking hub...

well i was out driving the scout around town and the middle key of the locking hub fell off some were !?!? down the road i have the hub just the key to lock it is gone and i cant get just 1 hub i have to get a pair.. so any advice on should i get IH ones or should i just go and get the warn ones.. and how hard are they to do i have never done them and i have been looking for some type of directions on how to do them. Thanks in advance

Tony

Fairly simple to replace, actually. I personally like the Warn ones, but with Scouts you have to go with the premium ones. They only make premium for the Scout axles. As far as replacing them though, you'll have to unscrew the hex head bolts on the outer cover, then there's a retaining snap ring, and then the bolts that hold the hub onto the axle, and I think that's it. Might have missed a few steps though; been a while since I had to re-do my old locking hubs. It's kind of a b**ch to get the snap ring back on though, so don't be surprised if it takes you a couple tries to get it right.

thanks so much for the reply i ordered them and will get those on thanks again

Tony