Thread: D&C Rock Slider Installation

Default D&C Rock Slider Installation

Hi all, purchased a set of rocksliders from D&C awhile back and am getting ready to mount them. They did not come with any instructions and Damien has made no attempt to return either calls or e-mails regarding their installation. They seem to heavy to just weld to the frame, my question is this. Does anybody else have these and if so how did you mount them so they didn't just crack a weld and fall off? Thanks in advance. Dave

I've welded a number of sliders onto the frames of various vehicles and have never had a problem with the welds cracking or with the sliders falling off, what kind of weld were you planning on doing? The fundamentals of a good weld dictate that the weld itself be as strong if not stronger than the base material.
    '71 Basterd Scout 2
    with a 258 from a '73 CJ5
    Intake manifold with NHRA markings....go figure

"Its (scout) four-wheel-drive capabilities are equal to anything this side of full tracks"

David H. Petraeus for President 2012

I guess my biggest concern is that the sliders are extremely heavy and I worry about repeated flex on the weld will cause it to fail over time.

Where do they mount, specifically? What area do they protect in the process? Are these the ones that slide under the diff housing?

I have had skid plates for my gas tanks that bolted on. Easy to remove for servicing the tank, although time consuming.
    Last edited by Allan E.; 07-13-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I would like to see the sliders on and/or off the rig. If you have the time you might post some pictures for us? Let us know how they turn out however you do them. Thanks.

Last time I looked at D&C sliders he had two ways of mounting. You could either bolt them on with long bolts through the frame, or weld them on. Damon suggests welding. You wont have a problem with your frame unless you are doing some stupid idiotic stuff to bend the sliders.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers