Thread: exhaust size

Default exhaust size

Its time to replace my exhaust. I am trying to find out what size the exit part of the exhaust manifold is and am having a hard time finding this info. Any of you know the details? Its a 304 out of a '67 TravelAll. Anyone happen to know this information?

Thanks.

A standard 2 inch flared pipe will work. The 304 doesn't spin fast enough to justify larger exhaust pipes. The single exhaust Y pipe comes together at about the same location as the back of the bell housing on the driver's side. Try to find the steel exhaust donut. I can't remember the number, but all 304 and 152 engines used the same one, and it will cross over to a Scout from 61-80 with a 152 or 304.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Thank you for the response. Would 2.25" be too big? I want to get a Flowmaster U-Fit exhaust kit and do it myself. Actually, I would prefer to just go have it done but the exhaust pipe is 90% rusted through in front of the muffler and I live on an island and don't want to drive it on the ferry and to an exhaust place.

If anyone has any suggestions on doing this myself I would love to hear them I have a welder and am a ok welder although I haven't done it in about 10 years. So I will be putting in a little practice before hand.

Thanks.