Thread: Top Radiator Hose Too Big

Default Top Radiator Hose Too Big

Does anybody know why my top radiator hose fits my engines water neck perfect but is way big for my top radiator connection. I am getting ready to pull my radiator and have a new larger port soldered on. Is there something that I am missing?

What engine do you have? My diesel has the same problem only the other way around. Fits the water neck but is too small for the radiator. I just had to put a splice into the line to go to a bigger size hose for the radiator. Much cheaper and easier than altering your radiator.

I'm having trouble figuring out why you wouldn't just use an exhaust pipe reducer fitting and two hoses. My Loadstar came stock that way from the factory so that straight hoses could be used.

Just a thought...
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

These are the answers that I wanted to hear. I also did not want to alter my radiator. Thanks for the replys.

Alllan, I can not PM you do to not enough posts. Can you call me at work some time at 856-853-4435 or reply with your number and I will call you. You seem to be the Guru and I have a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by waycool View Post
    Alllan, I can not PM you do to not enough posts. Can you call me at work some time at 856-853-4435 or reply with your number and I will call you. You seem to be the Guru and I have a few questions.
    I'm not a guru. Just been around the IH scene to have seen nearly all of these questions before, and when I take a break, I usually hit the binder sites on the net and check my e-mail. The questions that get asked on this site are not usually as complicated as other places, but the folks that frequent those sites are full of people that collectively have all the answers. This site is mostly full of folks who are new to the IH stuff, so it seems like I know a lot, but really it's not like that. It's just all familiar stuff, just the surface information.

IH questions should be placed here for everybody to read.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak