Thread: 77' Scout II For Sale But Needs Work

Default 77' Scout II For Sale But Needs Work

I have a 1977 Scout II and would like to find a good home for it. This belonged to my Grandad and I had plans to restore it, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to let it go. I will become a Dad at the end of August and I am trying to get an electronics repair business up and running.

The hard top rusted through and was removed at one time along with the windshield frame and windshield. I'd planned to remove all the panels and treat inner panel rust so the left rear quarter panel has been removed by drilling out all spot welds.
    I purchased new brakes for her (front and rear) and the rears have already been replaced. At one time the right rear had locked up and I fixed this.

Its got the 347c.i. motor with torque flight automatic transmission. The exhaust has rusted through badly and needs to be replaced. The motor runs but just barely with the exhaust issue. No idea on the mileage. Speedo Cable was undone for some time before I got it. It does have a new Holly Carb 2300 350cfm that I installed. I also have new mirrors in a box along with a fairly new set of BF Goodridge All-Terrain 33x12.50x16.5 Tires (under 500 miles) on a decent set of black rims. I purchased the set locally but never got the chance to mount them. Scout sits on original wheels. I have a set of spacers from Morris 4x4 new in a box as well.

The only other thing is that the steering link broke about a year ago and would need to be replaced.

Would love for this project Scout to go to a good home. I have the Title to it as well.

Not sure what all this stuff is worth? You guys would know. $500 OBO?

I'm down in Corpus Christi, Tx.

You can reach me at 361-442-3049. I'll upload some photos a little later today. There's quite a bit of surface rust on the frame and undercarriage, but the body is still in pretty decent shape. Most of the body rust was on the windshield frame and top and was told it was really not worth repairing so that was thrown out.

Thanks for Looking!

Mack Norris

p.s. I also have a couple of shop tools that I no longer need. Used engine stand, engine leveler, a new Lincoln 135 amp Mig welder with cart, etc...

ya still got the 77