Thread: Rear Sway Bar Installation, good or bad

Default Rear Sway Bar Installation, good or bad

I see that there is a rear sway bar kit for the Scout II. Is there anyone out there who has installed it on there Scout and is it worth the money ~$150. From the details of the package and how it is installed, it sounds like it should minimize some of the back end sway.

Default could be nice for towing

Quote Originally Posted by waycool View Post
    I see that there is a rear sway bar kit for the Scout II. Is there anyone out there who has installed it on there Scout and is it worth the money ~$150. From the details of the package and how it is installed, it sounds like it should minimize some of the back end sway.
    If it is a quality product and actualy has been seen to work on the scout I would be interested. On most of the heeps I pull out of the mud they have the sway bar quick disconnects so on the road and hauling you get a little more behaved ride and then pull them off for more articulation off road. Where did you find them?

Talking

Summit and Jegs both sell the kit. It clamps around the rear axle and ties into the frame rails. I think ADCO sells it. Just by the kit instructions, it sounds like it would really tighten the rear movement up. Before I decide to get that, I need to restore the rear ride height. My rear springs are beat and the rear needs to be raised an inch or two.