Thread: Scout 80 Brake Drum tolerances

Default Scout 80 Brake Drum tolerances

Does anyone know the specs for brake drums on a 63 Scout 80? I am doing a brake rebuild and need to know if I need to replace the drums too. I had a shop measure the rear drum and it came to 9.017. Can they be turned again or do I need to fork over big bucks for new drums?
    Thanks!

Default brake drums

I am going to my shop this morning and will check my drums for the spec. If yours are bad I have a set of four, look nasty but might be useable, that you can have for free + shipping. Lots of small parts too whatever fits in the box is yours.

Default brake drum tolerance

Stu,
    thanks for looking. I look forward to your reply and may just take you up on your offer. I think my scout has the 10 inch drums ont he back and 11 inch on the front.

Default drums

I looked at them yesterday and I could not find the tolerance. Normally, the specs are cast into the drum on the interior or the exterior rim. These were for the rear off a 1963 with a D27. If your measurement was 9.017", they are 9" drums not 10" or 11". I may have a shop manual there at my garage, will look for it.