Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ic 392

Default Ic 392

I installed this engine is 1999. Has a Comp 268 cam, lifters and springs. Compression test showed that the rings are getting worn. 115-125 psi and jumped up to 150 with oil down the plug holes.

Ran ok. Leaked a lot of oil out the rear main and has always had clicky lifters.

Has 40K on it since 1999. This is it a few weeks before I pulled it out to install a stock 392.

Located in SoCal.......Make offer.

I am interesed.
    Where in so cal are you? I am in nor cal. Can we meet halfway? ETC. Get back to me. More pics?

It's in Hesperia, Ca. I'll try to remember to snap some pics tomorrow.

Default do you remember me,jim glass

give me a call,i have some questions about it
    760-217-8051

I remembered to get pics today.

you want to meet half way?

I could probly get it to Bakersfield.

show me a picture where is says 392 stamped in the side and a price that you want for it. Do you have anymore accessories on that long block? I am in fairfield/suisun.

If you look at the water tubes you can see that they go into the block below the heads and not into the heads. This means that it's an IC 392. No other sv engines put the pipes there.

I still have the flexplate and spacer to use a 727 with it.

Somebody was asking if it had side motor mount holes. It has 2 lumps on each side. You can see them just above the oil filter. Is this the side mounts? They are threaded.

Make an offer if your interested. BTW I paid $2400 for it back in 1999 then another $300 for the Comp cam, lifters and Comp springs.

The cam is too much for a low compression stock engine. I never liked the power, then the rear main sprung a leak so instead of messing with the cam and rear seal I pulled another 392 from a truck at pic a part, did a redneck rebuild on that one and swapped em out one saturday about 3 months ago.