Thread: Reverse rotation?

Default Reverse rotation?

I read somewhere that Scouts came with a possible reverse rotation front axle, is that true,...? And if it is true haha how can you tell if you happen to have one?

A little explanation on why you would want reverse rotation would be cool to

Thanks in advance folks
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

First post on this board, but I have been a mechanic for 15 years. I don't know if the IH vehicles ever came with a reverse rotation or high pinion, as it is commonly known, front axle. I will explain how to tell. A standard rotation or low pinion axle will have the pinion below the centerline of the axle, a reverse rotation or high pinion axle will have the pinion above the centerline of the axle. Hope this helps.

Yup , its def a regular. All i needed to know, thank you sir
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.

~T.J.

U R welcome.
    I Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;"

JOE

the only reason i have heard for reverse rotation is if you are putting portals on your axles.

http://www.portal-tek.com/cart/index...products_id=14

the only reason i have heard for revers rotation on axles is for portal axles. check out portal-tek website. i tried to post the link but binder bulletin is blocking.

Here is the site I get using Google:

http://www.portal-tek.com/

Damn those are some pretty intense axles, I like the higher then center on the wheel housing. Thats some good clearance, Ive seen that on some military vehicles, but ive never seen it for sale specifically as a off roader axle, Pretty cool, but way out of my price range hahaha

~T.J.

Ford used reverse rotation front d44's in 76-79 f150's and 77-79 f-250's. used reverse rotation front d60 on 77-79f-350 and f-250 snow fighters. Jeep still uses reverse rotation front axles in the Jk wrangler. They are fairly common in lots of rigs other than portal axles. Front axles of toyota mini trucks were reverse rotation as well as many others.
    I Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;"

JOE