Thread: Brake Booster

Default Brake Booster

I bought a brake booster from BCB4x4 and im thinking i MAy have gotten the wrong one by mistake.. Anyone who has done the disc break conversion in a 72 with drum brakes. Did you have to modify the mounting holes at all? The four holes that connect the brake booster are about 1" farther apart in both directions on the new break booster and wont fit without a bunch of drilling. Also, the pin connector that the brake pedal slides into, is clearly not the same size hole and im going to have to modify that as well..

Is that standard procedure when upgrading to disc in the front is all i wanna know. weird thing is.. I even had a 75 Scout2 break booster that was in poor condition and it seemed to fit just fine...it just didn't work loll Any ideas?
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

Call John back and talk to him. He may have made an adapter for this reason, or may have simply shipped you the wrong unit, or maybe it's something else.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

Yeah im gona call him tomorrow when i get the measurements from bolt to bolt and the difference so i can explain it better to him.

He told me to say thanks for referring me to him BTW
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

Default Brake Booster

Has anyone been able to to find new parts to rebuild the B210 power brake booster? I see that a new one from Rock Auto is about 90.00.

I would suggest not rebuilding a booster unless you can find a shop. There is a rather large compressed spring on the inside and when the case is loosened enough it will shoot one of the halfs all the way across your garage. Go for the new or find a shop that will rebuild.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

Just picked up a '72 myself that I want to put discs on. What direction did you go on your brake swap - kit, stock, junkyard, etc.?