Thread: Posting!!!!!!!!!

Default Posting!!!!!!!!!

I have written a new thread 3 times and it is not coming up on the posts!
    What the f_ _ _ do I have to do?"?:??:"?
    \dodjh

if you are posting a link it has to be approved by a moderator first. Just relax and look at your other postings. No since it getting hysterical or anything.
    William (Bill)
    1978 Super Scout II
    SV 345, Holly 2300 2BBL, T19, Dana 300, SOA lift with 1.5" shackles, Dana 44s front and back with 3.73 gears, Detroit Locker in rear, 33x12.50 ProComp, On Board Air, Custom front and rear bumpers

I am past hysterical.

dodjh

i have been on this site since it began and i still cannot post links. if are putting a link or a pic that is most likely the problem.

On a site like this, the percentage of real posts to spam is less than 5% vs 95%. The admins have to do things that cut down on spam, and one of them is to limit the posting rights of newer members to post links. The filters manage to get nearly all of it, but there are still posts that get caught in the trap that shouldn't, and there are still posts that should get filtered out and don't.

One of the problems is that there's nobody here full time to release the good posts, and sometimes it takes a day or so, and sometimes they get missed due to the sheer volume of spam in the traps. It gets better as your post count goes up, because members normally don't post links to the wrong type of websites. After the spammers post once, or post a bunch of times all at once, they generally move on, and whoever is running this site can enter their IP address into a "blocked IP" list that automatically rejects them in the future. It is a slow, painstaking process, but it will get better as the spammers are added to the list.
    Allan E.
    Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Charter Member, Old Hippie IH Club
    Old fashioned binder freak

I've posted on this site for over 10 years with the same user name and password. (I'm not a new member).

As for the rest of your post I can understand that and thank you for responding to my frustrations.

dodjh

binderplanet.com

Quote Originally Posted by dodjh View Post
    I've posted on this site for over 10 years with the same user name and password. (I'm not a new member).

As for the rest of your post I can understand that and thank you for responding to my frustrations.

dodjh

How do i post something? I can't find out how?