Thread: 1970's 1300 stuff wanted

Default 1970's 1300 stuff wanted

any owner's books or manuals for a 1970 1300 4WD ?

gotta be cheap , some of the stuff on the 'net's kinda pricey . this is stuff I want to use . not seal in plastic to just stare at & tell everybody the outragious price I paid for it
    Last edited by D J Meyers; 08-25-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: MISSPELL

Quote Originally Posted by D J Meyers View Post
    any owner's books or manuals for a 1970 1300 4WD ?

gotta be cheap , some of the stuff on the 'net's kinda pricey . this is stuff I want to use . not seal in plastic to just stare at & tell everybody the outragious price I paid for it
    I am not sure what you have been pricing, but reproduction manuals are available at Binder Books. They are about 800 pages. IIRC they cost in the $75-80 range. You will have to keep an eye on ebay for a factory manual, which go for about 25-40 bucks plus shipping. They come up all the time.

I watched that 1300 tow truck you bought on ebay. It was an excellent value.

thanks Stu , I was under the impression I might have been able to carefully drive the tow truck home , but the seller told me after the fact that the convertor is leaking too badly for that ... now I'm looking at pulling it all apart where is & changing it or an expensive tow home

Default converter?

Hmmmn converter.....this truck is an automatic? It should have a T98 4 speed manual or maybe one of the T3X 5 speeds. The only light line DRW IH automatics I have seen are 1300/1310 and 1510 motorhome chassis, and they have the heavy duty TF727 with the driveshaft brake. Do you mean the MC or brake booster?

Default automatic trans

Stu ,
    Maybe you did not notice the truck had an industrial/truck Chrysler 361 cube big block & automatic swapped into it . Originally it was a stick , you know more about these trucks than I do ...

However , I may not be getting this truck . The seller expressed his regret at selling it because he thought about putting the 361 into a Ram van he owns . If possibly I cannot go through with the deal would you or someone you know be interested in it minus motor ? He stated there's no rot on the body ... I'd like to help him out , we're shot the bull quite a bit & he seems like a good guy .

Thanks & enjoy the holiday ,
    Dan

Default truck

Sure, I would be interested in some parts out of the truck if it is truly a 1300 4x4, even the C&C if somebody wants the wrecker. There have been some folks on other boards who have expressed interest in getting a wrecker body. Is it in Ohio? For some reason I thought it was in NY or somewhere like that.

I do remember that it said in the listing it had a Chrysler motor and transmission but folks often go by what the previous owner(s) have said....like "the 304 in your truck is an AMC motor" etc. BTW a 727 converter is a very easy and cheap item to get ahold of.

thanks for the quick reply Stu . As far as I know it's a real 4x4 . The original trans is gone he told me . It is in NY , about 100 miles or so east of Buffalo . And yes , there's people who swear to stuff like " the AMC 327 was really a chevy motor " when in fact the AMC 327 was new for 1957 I believe & Chevy didn't come out with theirs until 1964 or so !!

I have to contact the seller sometime today & talk with him , let him know that there are others interested in the truck ... once that's done I will give you all the info to contact him .

The fellow's name is Tim . he can be called at: 585-307-0992

email at : kittykahneo@yahoo.com