Thread: Chevy 350 Fan and Radiator

Default Chevy 350 Fan and Radiator

I have a 350 that the PO installed in my Scout. The hose outlet is on the wrong side of the IH radiator. Those of you running swaps, what radiator are you using?

Thanks for help.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...gGzXSkXy_B-agg

Last edited by 1972scout; 08-26-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Thats a clean looking engine! Got any more pics of the complete scout? And if i may ask how much did u pick that up for?
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

I paid 4200

It needs paint, and wiring and a odds and ends. I will be hanging around for a while

Very nice! Thats a pretty clean looking scout, Ive put more than that into mine and it doesn't look nearly that nice yet ha ha.

BTW ill post the link on the other thread, I actually did already? But for some reason my post didn't ever show up, sorry bought that
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

I have the same setup. I had a friend run a custom pipe made of sections of copper plumbing fitted to run under the balancer over to the stock Scout radiator. Looks kinda goofy but I've never had any problems with it.

Also just ditched the fan and went with electric. I ran a fan for years but would get hot at idle because I never fabbed up a shroud.

Text me and I'll send you some pics when I get back to the house. Probably Sunday or so if you can wait that long.

-Matt
    310-400-2634

Thanks Matt, I will text you. I am thinking of doing the same thing and having a muffler shop bend me a short pipe to just that