Thread: Replacement Spring Brackets?

Default Replacement Spring Brackets?

I am in the process of installing a Rough Country 2 1/2 inch suspension lift. The kit did not come with replacement u-bolt brackets. The original brackets are in pretty rough shape. (really can't use them again. Plus the new u-bolts are slightly larger than OE) I was wondering where to buy the front and rear brackets for the u-bolts. Pricing is all over the place on the main 5 places, and I don't want to overpay for something that seems simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

78 scout II
    78 Scout II
    345 V8

I'm assuming you mean the U BOLT Plates, I would suggest the HD U bolt plates from Anything scout. I got mine there, any price diff wouldn't be that large, and for me not paying taxes (California) makes it worth it.

-Mike

Any other Q's feel free to ask
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

I spoke to anything scout, he said the HD plates were for a SOA lift and would not work with a SUA lift. He has some that will work...but it's 200 bones for the set... seems pricey.
    78 Scout II
    345 V8

Odd, I have the plates they seem pretty standard. But i do have SOA on mine, maybe try IH only north if u haven't checked there. I order from them when i need stuff quick cause they're in Cali and i have to pay tax DAMN the state takin my monies that i need for scout parts!
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

You can look them up on eBay; they're 30 bucks a pair there, but you'd have to weld on your own shock mounts. Better than nothing though...

Make some if you can.

northeastih.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Parts and Fabrication for International Harvesters.