Thread: Spring over lift?

Default Spring over lift?

Anyone on here do a spring over lift on a scout II? Thinking about doing one but wondered what to do with the front axle next to the diff where the u-bolts are? I'm thinking I'll just set it up and mill it flat so the spring has a good spot to sit but just wondered if anyone has done one of these lifts and could tell the pros and cons. Thanks for any help!

What i did was modify the leaf spring perch, and the dif side that your thinking of milling i just grind down the big bump thing that the u bolts clip into in standard SUA setup
    -72 Scout2 - SBC350 with RV camshaft, 4 speed manual Trans, D20 xfer case with CV drive shafts.
    -Dana 44 Detroit locker rear.
    -Dana 44 (out of a 75) Rebuilt /w trutrac limited slip frnt

~Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

~T.J.

Early 80's bowtie front axle...already soa, disc brakes etc..have to shorten axle shaft tho..

northeastih.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Parts and Fabrication for International Harvesters.

I heard about the chevy front but don't want to shorten. I think I'll just mill it like I was thinking. I got access to all kinds of mills so it should be pretty easy. Thanks for the suggestions!