Thread: Are doors on Scout 80 and 800 interchangeable?

Default Are doors on Scout 80 and 800 interchangeable?

I just bought a 1962 Scout 80 and the doors are in pretty rough shape. (More Bondo than door.) I have the opportunity to purchase the doors from a 1969 800, but I'm not sure if they will fit. I'm pretty new to the Scout community, and I'm not sure if this will work or not. Does anyone know if the doors are interchangeable?

As far as I know, yes. There shouldn't be a difference in body panels on the 80/800's. More interior and engine changes than anything.

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to see if the seller will let me take some measurements. I'm crossing my fingers that this works.

Default doors

Quote Originally Posted by derom4 View Post
    I just bought a 1962 Scout 80 and the doors are in pretty rough shape. (More Bondo than door.) I have the opportunity to purchase the doors from a 1969 800, but I'm not sure if they will fit. I'm pretty new to the Scout community, and I'm not sure if this will work or not. Does anyone know if the doors are interchangeable?
    They will physically fit in the same hole the Scout 80 doors came out of but the latching mechanism is completely different. Make sure you don't throw anything away from your Scout 80 doors as you will need every piece out of the old door. It isn't impossible to switch everything over if you take very good measurements before you cut any holes or drill. If you don't want to mess with swapping out the internals you will need Scout 800 latch receivers which mount on the tub, and will remove the dovetails and the lock plate from the Scout 80 tub. It would be good to have a Scout 800 nearby to make a template for mounting the 800 door receivers on the jam. I think this is the best course, anyway. The door-to-tub hinges are the same.

Thanks, Stu. That's a huge help. I really appreciate it!

Did you end up getting the doors and swapping? I picked up some doors for my 800, but I am thinking they may have come from an 80.